Return to About Us (Home Page)
All competition entries for the Lady Denman Cup, Huxley Cup and Elizabeth Bell should be sent to the NFWI Centre Of Learning and Personal Development at the following Address:
NFWI Centre for Training and Personal Development
Oxon OX13 6NW
Please check the competition schedule as some competitions require entries to be sent to Federation offices for initial judging. Please address all entries to Emma Harker.
On behalf of the NFWI Activities Committee, I'm pleased to write and announce details of the WI Birthday Celebrations taking place on the week commencing 13 September 2021. The Activities Team will be celebrating the WI's Birthday and we would like you all to join in the festivities! The team have organiseed a variety of events
WI Birthday Cake Recipe
· Afternoon Tea Craft projects
· Paint along with The Quirky Bird
In addition to the above, we would like members to engage with us by sharing their recipes for Afternoon Tea treats, these will then be amalgamated and made in to a virtual album that will be made available to all members. This could be a tasty cake, summer drink, quirky twist on scones, unusual but delicious sandwich ideas or even adding extras like a Picnic Egg recipe or chilli jam sausage rolls…
Please send recipes and an image of the finished item, along with your name, WI and federation to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 27th 2021.
'Happy WI Birthday' card
This virtual birthday card has been created via Thankbox; for those of you who are unfamiliar with this site, it allows individuals to upload an image/gif/video plus message onto a virtual platform/card. On Thursday 16th September, we will be sending this card by email to all federations to celebrate WI Day.
Please share the link below with your WIs and encourage as many as possible to sign the card - it can either be signed by an individual, a federation or a WI and the message can be aimed at the organisation as a whole or a particular WI or federation. We would kindly ask that members do not use the platform as a personal means of thanking a particularly individual.
Access to this card will be open until 5pm on Tuesday 14 September 2021.
Wall of Women
As the theme of WI Day will be based around friendship, we would like to give members the opportunity to celebrate friendships made through the WI.
We are inviting members to submit an image of their choice and small piece of text (no more than 50 words) using the following prompts:
- What has lockdown taught you about the importance of friendship in the WI?
- Is there a particular person that you would like to acknowledge or thank?
- The joy of a hug - capturing that special moment when you could socialise with fellow members, friends and family again.
- Have you taken up a new hobby during lockdown?
- What does the WI mean to you?
- Is there a life lesson you want to share with fellow members?
- Has lockdown made you realise the importance of something particular?
These will all be captured and created into a virtual exhibition, which will be launched on social media and My WI on the 16th September to celebrate the day.
Could we please also kindly ask that...
- You share this with your WIs and encourage as many as possible to respond with an image and a few words for the exhibition. It could be linked to any of the prompts above, or it could simple be an image of someone who has inspired you.
- Send in any unusual facts or snippets of information that we can use around the exhibition space, perhaps an unusual fact about your WI - we're looking for the sort of details that will make people say 'I didn't know the WI did that...'.
The virtual exhibition will be made public and shared with our partners so please remember, this is a great opportunity for us to shout about the successes of the WI and raise awareness of what an empowering and inspirational organisation we are.
Please send images and text to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5pm on Friday 10 September 2021
Please note that the card and exhibition will be shared externally, on the My WI site and on WI social media platforms, therefore WIs, federations and members must take responsibility for seeking permission for the use of any images or photographs, particularly those involving fellow members, before submission to the NFWI.DFWI Showtime 2021
Wendy Woolley Preserves Competition 2021
For details on the above competition to be judged at the Autumn Federation meeting on Tuesday 5 October 2021 please check here
NFWI - Wales Competion 2021
Not in my Name Campaign to end Violnce against Women
Design a logo for a tee shirt. Check here for details. Closing date 15 October 2021
Huxley Cup 2021 - RHS Hampton Court Garden Festival 5 - 11 July 2021
A competition which is just a little bit different for 2021.
WIs are invited to design a planting plan for a raised bed that will be displayed within the Community
Allotment area at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival, 5 – 11 July 2021.
Please click here for the information and instructions to take part.